The Director of National Accounts reports to the COO
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for all Trade related functions for the branded and generic product portfolio
- Develop the overall Trade business plan in conjunction with the Sr. Management team to ensure the development and implementation of effective trade strategies and programs
- Work with clients to effectively manage the contractual agreements with GPO’s, chains and wholesalers (DSA/IMA)
- Work with marketing to notify Pricing Compendia and Customers of Price Changes on behalf of clients.
- Work with key 3PL contacts on day-to-day operations on behalf of clients to ensure product availability within wholesale and retail channels.
- Monitor the returns from customers; identify any variances from expected levels of returns and recommend any changes needed to Returned Goods Policy on behalf of the company.
- Build relationships with the major wholesalers, pharmaceutical chains, and GPO’s across the US to ensure that key contacts are well informed about company’s product portfolios.
- Work with company to manage and monitor the Trade marketing spend including promotional spend. Ensure targets are met with minimal over/under spending.
- Manage all aspects of the business: tracking the supply chain, developing processes and procedures, and developing reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage sales-force communication and training regarding Trade strategies and programs.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain on their management of product shipment logistics, inventory levels, and other related issues relating to the distribution center; act as the point person in the relationship with our 3PL or distribution center
- Identify and cultivate any viable trade channels not presently being pursued
- Ensure data integrity and adequate data flows between the company and distribution vendors and trade partners; develop and disseminate distribution related analytics and reporting to ensure accurate information and timeliness
- BA/BS from an accredited college
- 2+ years pharmaceutical industry experience working with wholesale/distributors; strong understanding of typical functions and procedures
- Relationships with pharmaceutical chains and pricing agencies
- Ability to analyze data and monitor wholesaler patterns and sales to drive incremental business
- Effective presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills and abilities to assess trade-offs and synergies among projects
- 15% Travel required
- Demonstrated contract negotiation skills
- Ability to develop accurate short and long term plans, forecasting, and business analysis
- Strong analytical, strategic, and influencing skills